Purpose of Position
- To mitigate financial risks to the Anchor Group of Companies
- To manage and oversee the daily operations of the Accounting Department
- To monitor and analyze accounting data and produce financial reports or data
- To establish and enforce proper accounting methods, policies and principals
- Issue daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements for both internal and external presentation for the Anchor Group of Companies.
- Prepare all year-end working papers and documents for year-end financial statements.
- Facilitate the auditing of Anchor’s accounting and financial information by external and internal auditors and accountants
- Create, implement, and maintain processes and systems that account for research and development expenses, practices, and costs; these include applied internal and external labour and consulting expenses relating to Anchor’s research and development practices, for tax claims
- Provide relevant and timely financial analyses to Senior Management.
- Monitor performance for the Anchor Group of Companies and report to the monthly internal management meeting on sales, spending, profitability, and ratio analysis.
- Participate in planning Anchor’s financial operations, in the short-range and long-range, including objectives, methods and resources
- Prepare, maintain and monitor and report on annual operating budgets for the Anchor Group of Companies
- Provide weekly updates on key performance indicators.
- Prepare capital expenditure justifications to determine payback
- Source funding for capital or other long-term debt vs. lease requirements
- Monitor and forecast cash positions, including monitoring and sourcing foreign exchange funding
- Maintain, monitor, recommend changes and analyze business systems, processes, and procedures to promote efficiency
- Review and approve journal entries, analysis, and reports from direct staff and others, on a weekly basis or as directed by senior management
- Review monthly journal entries for foreign exchange revaluation, bad debt accrual, prepaid expenses, inventory balancing, depreciation, A/P balancing, and long-term debt reconciliation (including current portion)
- Prepare all supporting documentation for the annual third-party review engagement
- Coordinate, facilitate and manage all government audits
- Ensure accuracy of general ledger postings
- Perform monthly cost-rollups (adjusting standard cost based on updated average or FIFO costing)
- Coordinate and implement special projects, including recommending accounting policy changes, business process improvements and other projects
- Create, implement, maintain and supervise processes that accurately measure, report and account for inventory status for all produced and purchased products/materials
- To perform cost accounting duties relating to job cost accuracy, inventory, cycle counts and purchasing
- Supervise, review, and approve payrolls for accurate and timely payment
- Review monthly entries for Accounts Payable accruals, payroll accruals and government remittances based on initial entries prepared by direct staff or others
- Perform monthly payroll reconciliation entry
- Summarize biweekly payroll general ledger entries for entry by Accounts Payable Administrator
- Create, implement, maintain and monitor processes and systems that provide notices for accounts at risk, such as default, late payments, expiring lien dates, surpassing pre-approved credit limits, up-to-date customer credit review and repetitive problematic customers.
- Ensure rapid and consistent collection of receivables
- Manage and approve customer credit, including identifying creditworthiness
- Create, implement, maintain and monitor processes and systems to ensure that all closed jobs are fully invoiced
- Authorize invoices as may be required to meet the needs of the company
- Monitor payables, to maximize cash flow while maintaining vendor relationships
- Authorize cheques and purchase orders
- Ensure payments are being made to vendors on a biweekly schedule
- Approve cash disbursement out of bank based on and within authorized signing limits for this position
- Supervise Accounting staff
- University degree or college diploma in accounting
- CPA coursework is an asset
Five years’ experience in a junior accounting position with emphasis on critical-thinking tasks, such as reconciling accounts and preparing financial statements
How to apply:
Kindly forward your resume to [email protected].