Metal Fabricator Senior Level
Purpose of Position:
- To work with and lead the Welding Team to manufacture quality finished new products, within deadlines
- To work with the Mould Supervisor and the rest of the team to ensure new products meets quality standards
- To oversee all aspects of metal fabrication
- To coordinate metal fabrication with other departments, especially Production, Engineering and Sales
- To develop fabrication procedures to efficiently process material and make quality parts.
- Oversee the manufacture of new metal products
- Oversee fabrication requirements
- Oversee the overall production schedule for new products
- Oversee quality assurance in metal fabrication for new products
- Oversee operational processes and flows, to constantly improve quality and reduce cost
- Guide and coach staff on how to proceed when problems are encountered to ensure they are resolved promptly.
- Promote and enforce safe work practices e.g. housekeeping, documenting and submission of incident reports; plan and deliver Toolbox Talks; complete safety audits
- Develop and implement training programs to improve safety and productivity
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement, by communicating, encouraging and supporting actions to improve processes and procedures on the moulding production floor
- Continually maintain a positive culture
New Products Leadership:
- Review and improve mould design and construction
- Participate in meetings to determine root causes and corrective actions for scrap and non-conforming product
- Lead preventative maintenance, in coordination with Management
- Completion of a three-year apprenticeship program in metal fabrication
- Some management education preferred
- AWS or CWB certification preferred
- Supervisor experience in a structural steel fabrication shop
- At least five-years’ experience as a fitter or fitter/welder
- Experienced with Plasma, Tig, Arc, and Mig welding
- Able to use a gas torch, grinders, chop saw, and bench press.
- Knowledge of electrical and conduit installation
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong leadership abilities – ability to build trust among team members.
Why Join Us?
Since 1969, the Anchor Group of Companies has been recognized as specialists in our field. Anchor Concrete Products, Lodestar Structures, and Anchor Rebar continue to produce precision products for the construction industry. Our team is focussed on optimizing our operations, supplying high quality products, and creating customized solutions to meet our customers’ needs.
We believe our employees are our most valuable resource. We offer a rewarding environment where employee contributions are appreciated and rewarded with competitive salaries and benefits including short and long-term disability, dental, extended health benefits, employee assistance program, RRSP matching, ongoing training, and opportunities for personal and professional growth.
We offer the opportunity to make a positive mark on the world, in an enjoyable and respectful workplace that is leading the charge in innovation.
How to apply:
Kindly forward your resume to [email protected].