Technical Sales Representative
We are expanding our technical team. If you are interested in working within a skilled team of professionals and have interest in any of the following areas, we would love to hear from you.
Purpose of Position
- to generate and maintain sales revenues
- to research opportunities and develop new customers
- to prepare complete and accurate quotations
- to prepare sales orders for production
- to respond to inbound product and quote requests
- to utilize resources to investigate revenue generating opportunities in the industry
- to interpret market opportunities and convert them to revenue opportunities
- to participate in new product development and marketing initiatives
- to research the industry and competitors, providing updates to management
- to quote, track, and follow up on projects for all products assigned
- to develop and maintain productive relationships with existing customers
- to develop and maintain effective relationships and communications with fellow team members
Relationships with Existing Customers and New Customers
- Visit customers, specifiers, and consultants to develop beneficial relationships
- Virtually meet with customers, specifiers, and consultants to develop beneficial relationships
- Attend industry-related conferences and events
- Search new customers’ information and develop customer lists, using various digital and analogue methods
- Outbound calls to prospect customers
- Respond to inbound customer phone or electronic contacts from customers
- Ensure Anchor meets specified revenue and profitability targets
- Ensure quotation summaries are accurate
- Look for and effectively respond to customer concerns and inquiries
- Search for potential projects in trade papers, websites, and through customer network
- Arrange to receive copies of plans and specifications (as required) to prepare accurate takeoffs and estimates
Prepare Accurate Quotations for Customer Approval
- Use the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system, price lists, established discount formulae, established methods of cost and pricing checks
- Follow-up on submitted quotations to obtain an order, or track why Anchor was not successful, providing feedback on how to improve success rates on future quotations
Orders for Production
- Use the ERP System, prepare sales orders with complete information including shipping destination, delivery instructions, office contact and phone number, site contact and phone number, payment terms, expected delivery dates, and as requested by management
- Review production drawings to identify sales opportunities
- Work with the Logistics team, Project Managers, and Production Coordinator to meet customer schedules
- Read plans and specifications to establish job requirements with respect to codes, standards of practice, schedules and all other relevant information and submit this information to the Sales and Estimating Team
- Preparing summaries of quantities, sizes, shapes, and other required information, to prepare an accurate estimate of costs
- Develop a trusted advisor relationship with key accounts and customer stakeholders
- Monitor and analyze customers’ purchases of Anchor’s products, with a view to offering further products.
- Respond to counter sales, inbound customer traffic, and inbound sales inquiries and orders.
- Recommend advertising, marketing and new products to the Sales Manager.
- Secondary school graduation
- A technical college diploma or university degree from a business administration, marketing, or related discipline is an asset.
- Minimum three years’ experience in a Business-to-Business sales position, account management in a sales capacity, or business development sales position.
Knowledge and Skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Able to work in a team environment
- Written and verbal communications skills
- Mathematical skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division)
- Able to learn and understand customers’ needs and requirements
- Able to discover new opportunities and uses for Anchor’s products
- Computer skills including MS Word, Excel, and Outlook, TEAMs
- Analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills
- A driver’s license
- Knowledge of ERP systems is an asset
Why Join Us?
Since 1969, the Anchor Group of Companies has been recognized as specialists in our field. Anchor Concrete Products, Lodestar Structures, and Anchor Rebar continue to produce precision products for the construction industry. Our team is focussed on optimizing our operations, supplying high quality products, and creating customized solutions to meet our customers’ needs.
We believe our employees are our most valuable resource. We offer a rewarding environment where employee contributions are appreciated and rewarded with competitive salaries and benefits including short and long-term disability, dental, extended health benefits, employee assistance program, RRSP matching, ongoing training, and opportunities for personal and professional growth.
We offer the opportunity to make a positive mark on the world, in an enjoyable and respectful workplace that is leading the charge in innovation.